Turn an ordinary slice of bread into a toasted savory delish with the help of Cuisinart CPT-320 Compact Stainless 2-Slice Toaster. It is one of those innovative culinary appliances from Cuisinart which is the signature of this brand. Even with a lower price range, there are no compromises made on the quality, performance and durability of the appliances.
A powerful array of features in each of the Cuisinart tools makes the brand even more popular amongst the users. The Cuisinart Compact 2-Slice Toaster satisfies its user with really usable accessibility features, which are discussed as below.
Extended defrost settings
Unlike common toasters which have a simple defrost setting, this one has extended options. The defrost mode is designed to first defrost the bread to the normal room temperature, and then to toast it as desired.
This extends the overall toasting cycle slightly. The settings to defrost and toast should be used as recommended below.
- Settings 1-2: These are for refrigerated breads and thinner items
- Settings 3-4: These are recommended for the toaster pastries, thin French toasts, frozen waffles or refrigerated bagel
- Settings 5-6: These are for thick frozen items, which may include frozen bagels, hand cut bread and a thicker French toast.
The provision of extra wide slots is an additional favor to this feature.
A bagel tastes well if it is crispy on the top, but chew as one goes down. The bagel setting of the Cuisinart Compact Stainless 2-Slice Toaster precisely performs this kind of an operation. It browns the bagel from the top, but keeps it soft at the bottom. However, if one desires bagel to be toasted all the way through, then he can select the normal toast setting along with the desired shade settings.
The shade control settings allow the user to have a perfectly toasted bread just as he/ she desires. This can shade your toast light, medium or dark depending on settings and personal likeness.
Specs and Features
- Wattage: 900 watts
- Item weight: 2.6 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 6.5 x 11 x 7 inches
- Origin: China
- Capacity: 2 slices
- Color: Brushed Stainless/ Stainless steel red
- Material: Stainless steel
- 3 year limited manufacturer warranty
- Compact and sleek design
- 6 shade setting dial
- Wider toasting slots of 1 ½ inches
- Slide out crumb tray for easy cleaning
- Economical appliance to suit user on a budget
- The bread doesn’t pop up high enough
- Inconsistent toasting
- Lever gets stuck sometimes
- The appliance may overheat
When the features are considered in relation to the price, the Cuisinart CPT-320 Compact Stainless 2-Slice Toaster is surely a god choice. Some of the shortcomings can be ignored, since they are not commonly observed an experienced by every user. It is easy to operate and can last longer with a little bit of maintenance.
The slide out crumb tray should be cleaned frequently and the inner elements cleaned with a toothbrush. Majority of the user are satisfied with their choice, because it is the best one for low budget users. We recommend this appliance to our readers for regular home uses.